Willy ~ 4/15/09 to 11/2/09

This is the final resting place for the dogs we have loved and lost. A place for us to honor the memory of the dogs we were not able to save.

Willy ~ 4/15/09 to 11/2/09

Postby admin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:10 am

11/2/09

I said goodbye to Willy tonight. This was not the joyful bittersweet parting of ways watching him go home with his forever family as I had envisioned for him. Sadly that dream was not meant to be for my silly red boy. Instead this was a sad tearful farewell as I watched him leave this world for the rainbow bridge.

For some reason we will never know Willy developed behaviors that made him unsafe and unadoptable. Instead of joyfully greeting strangers as he did when I first got him-he was now growling and snapping at them. With me and my family he never changed-he was still that playful pup who wanted to crawl into my arms to cuddle. The necessary decision was made by the board as it was apparent that it was only a matter of time before the snapping would result in a bite.

Willy happily jumped in the car to go for a ride as he loved going places with me. He trotted into the vets without a care in the world seemingly unaware of my heavy heart. He hopped onto the scale and sat on cue to be weighed one last time. He was an even 35 lbs. He was relaxed in the room as we waited for the vet to come in. Any doubts about whether I was doing the right thing or not disappeared when the vet came in and Willy changed from a carefree pup to a growling, snapping, lunging dog at the vet. I muzzled him so the vet could sedate him. I sat stroking him as the sedative took effect and he quietly fell asleep. My tears quietly fell on him as the vet administered the drug to stop his heart. I watched him take his last breath and said goodbye to him as he left this world.

Rest in Peace sweet Willy. Till we meet again at the bridge.

North Star's Willy 4/15/09-11/2/09
Attachments
Willy face.jpg
Willy face.jpg (23.05 KiB) Viewed 9766 times
admin
Site Admin

Return to Rainbow Bridge