Tyler now FINNEAN

North Star Dogs who found their Fur-Ever homes!

Tyler now FINNEAN

Postby Toni » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Tyler_sm2011-12-18_4.JPG
Tyler_sm2011-12-18_4.JPG (206.66 KiB) Viewed 9064 times

Tyler came from southern Indiana where he lived in an enclosure with at least seven other dogs, most of which were his siblings from different litters. He is a male purebred Border Collie that needed time and understanding to help him overcome his shyness and fear of people due to lack of socialization. He came to North Star in November of 2011 along with another little female pup (most likely his sister from a different litter). They had numerous skin issues due to lack of care, worms and giardia. It was now our job to get them back to health and begin working with them and try to make up for the lack of human interaction they had experienced their entire lives.
bc1.jpg
bc1.jpg (54.98 KiB) Viewed 9062 times

Tyler learned about living inside, how to go up and down stairs (something he was absolutely petrified of at first) going for car rides, playing with toys, playing with other dogs and even how to put up with a very grumpy old cat. ;) He never lost his sweet and gentle ways....and it wasn't long before he caught the eye of Chris and Jen, our volunteer webmasters.
Tyler_sm2011-12-18_3.JPG
Tyler_sm2011-12-18_3.JPG (217.08 KiB) Viewed 9062 times

Chris and Jen live in Missouri and traveled all the way to Michigan to meet Tyler as soon as it was decided he was ready for adoption. Tyler met his new sister Holly, who is a beautiful Border Collie, and his new brother Dakota, who is a very handsome Husky. Tyler was able to spend some time with his new family here in Michigan for a few days before they headed back to Missouri. Things went well and now Tyler (who has been renamed FINNEAN) is enjoying his life with his new family.

I cannot thank Jen and Chris enough for giving Finn the forever home he deserves, and I know he will be loved and cared for the rest of his life. I have also made two very good friends in the process, and North Star has gained two awesome volunteers who work hard to help all the other dogs like Finn.

Adopted January 25, 2012! :D
Toni
Site Admin

Return to Happy Tails!